OnTrac Privacy Statement
Last updated by OnTrac on March 19, 2018.
This Privacy Statement describes the privacy practices of OnTrac Technologies, LLC, Red Sky Technologies, LLC, and its affiliates and subsidiaries, meaning companies related by common ownership or control (collectively, “OnTrac,” “us,” “we,” or “our”) responsible for collecting and maintaining certain information collected about you.
1. WHEN THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT APPLIES. If a Service you’re using links to this Privacy Statement, this Statement applies to you. This Privacy Statement (“Statement”) applies to our sites, applications, products, and services (collectively, "Services") that link to this Statement. OnTrac. is the responsible entity for all Personal Information subject to this Privacy Statement for our Services.
2. WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION. We want to be clear about what information we collect and how we use it to help make our Services useful, more intelligent, and work better for you. We do not sell or share your Personal Information with third parties for their own commercial uses without your consent.
a) Types of Information We Collect. In connection with accessing our Services, we may collect information from you which can be used to identify you ("Personal Information"), such as your name, shipping/billing address, email address, phone, username and password. We collect information when you register or open an account, sign in, process an order, use a Service, call us for support, or give us feedback. We also collect content or other information that you may provide or create when you interact with our Services. We may also automatically collect certain usage information when you access our Services ("Usage Data"), such as Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses, log files, unique device identifiers, pages viewed, browser type, any links you click on to leave or interact with our Services, and other usage information collected from secure tokens and other tracking technologies. For example, we collect IP addresses to track and aggregate non-personal information, such as using IP addresses to monitor the regions from which users navigate to our Services. We also collect IP addresses from users when they log into the Services as part of our log-in and security features. We may also, when you enable location-based Services, collect Global Positioning System (GPS) location data and/or motion data. Our Services may change over time and we may introduce new features that may collect new or different types of information.
b) How We Use Your Information. We may use your information, including your Personal Information, for the following purposes:
Account Registration. We may use your name, address, phone number, and email address to register your OnTrac account for certain Services we provide and to communicate important information to you.
To Improve Services and Develop New Services. We will use your information to personalize or customize your experience and the Services, develop new features or services, and to improve the overall quality of OnTrac’s Services.
To Provide Our Services and Operate Our Business. We may use your information to operate our business, including providing Services you requested, provide you with support related to our Services, and to help us protect our Services, including to combat fraud and protect your information.
Customer Service and Technical Support. We may use your name, address, phone number, email address, how you interact with our Services, and information about your computer configuration to resolve questions you may have about our Services and to follow up with you about your experience.
Feedback. We may use any information you volunteer in surveys you answer for us and combine them with answers from other customers in order to better understand our Services and how we may improve them. Answering any survey is optional.
Research, Including Publishing or Sharing Combined Information from Many Users, But Only in a Way that Would Not Allow You or Any Other Person to be Identified. Only in a way that would not allow you or any other person to be identified, we may prepare and share information about our customers with third parties, such as advertisers or partners, for research, academic, marketing and/or promotional purposes. For example, we may share demographic data that describes the percentage of our customers who use mobile services or who use a particular operating system. We or our third party partners may publicly report the aggregated findings of the research or analysis, but only in a way that would not allow you or any other person to be identified.
c) How We Share Your Personal Information. From time to time, we may need to share your Personal Information with others.
Third Party Service Providers. We may share your information, including Personal Information and Usage Data, with third party service providers who perform various functions to enable us to provide our Services and help us operate our business, such as website design, sending email communications, fraud detection and prevention, customer care, or performing analytics. Our contracts with these third parties require them to maintain the confidentiality of the Personal Information we provide to them, only act on our behalf and under our instructions, and not use Personal Information for purposes other than the product or service they're providing to us or on our behalf.
Response to Subpoenas and Other Legal Requests. We may share your information with courts, law enforcement agencies, or other government bodies when we have a good faith belief we're required or permitted to do so by law, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, to protect our company, or to respond to a court order, subpoena, search warrant, or other law enforcement request.
Protection of OnTrac and Others. We may share account information, Personal Information and Usage Data when we believe it is appropriate to enforce or apply our products’ Terms of Service and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of OnTrac, our Services, our users, or others. This does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing Personal Information of our customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Statement.
Information Sharing Between OnTrac Entities. We share your information, including your Personal Information, with and among our affiliates and subsidiaries, except where prohibited by law. The protections provided in this Privacy Statement apply across all OnTrac entities. Affiliates and subsidiaries means companies related by common ownership or control. The reasons why we share your information include for our everyday business purposes, such as to: maintain your accounts, operate our business, etc. We will also share your information in order for us to be able to offer our products and services to you.
Sale of Our Business. If we sell, merge, or transfer any part of our business, we may be required to share your information. If so, you will be asked if you'd like to stop receiving promotional information following any change of control. With your Consent. Other than as set out above, we will provide you with notice and the opportunity to choose when your Personal Information may be shared with other third parties.
3. WHAT YOU CAN DO TO MANAGE YOUR PRIVACY. You can view and edit information that identifies you online through your OnTrac Services. How you can access and control information that identifies you will depend on which Services you use. You have a choice about the use of information that identifies you, marketing communications you receive from us, and our use of tokens and other tracking technologies.
a) Managing Marketing Communications From Us. We will honor your choices when it comes to receiving marketing communications from us. You have the following choices if you have been receiving marketing communications from us that you no longer wish to receive: Click the "unsubscribe" link in the email or newsletter you received. Remember that even if you choose not to receive marketing communications from us, we will continue to send you mandatory service or transactional communications.
b) Updating Your Personal Information. In connection with your right to manage your Personal Information you provide to us, you may access, update, change, correct or request deletion of your information either through the Service or through our customer support.
c) Tokens and Similar Tracking Technologies. The following is a high level summary of our practices and your controls for tokens and other tracking technologies. In accordance with applicable law, OnTrac and our service providers may use commonly-used tools to recognize your visit and track your interactions with our Services such as secure tokens, cookies, web beacons, pixels, local shared objects, and similar technologies (collectively, "Cookies"). Sometimes this tracking is necessary in order for us to provide you the Service you requested. Other times, we combine Usage Data collected from Cookies with that of other customers to improve your and other customers' experience. You have control over some of the Usage Data we collect from Cookies and how we use it. Information on changing your browser settings to opt out of Cookies can be found in your browser settings. In accordance with the Digital Advertising Alliance Principles, OnTrac also uses advertising networks and other third parties to display advertising on our website or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partners may place Cookies on our Services and unaffiliated websites in order to serve advertisements that may be relevant to you based on your browsing activities and interests, and to determine the effectiveness of such advertisements. If you wish to opt out of interest-based advertising, click here, or if located in the European Union, click here. Please note that even if you out-out of such Cookies or otherwise opt-out of interest based advertising, you will still receive advertisements, they just won't be tailored to your interests. Also, if you opt-out and later delete your Cookies, use a different browser, or buy a new computer, you may need to renew your opt-out choices.
d) Do Not Track. Like most other companies, our Services are not currently configured to respond to browsers' "Do Not Track" signals because at this time no formal "Do Not Track" standard has been adopted.
4. DATA RETENTION AND YOUR ACCESS RIGHTS.
a) Data Retention. In accordance with and as permitted by applicable law and regulations, we will retain your information as long as necessary to serve you, to maintain your account for as long as your account is active, or as otherwise needed to operate our business. When you close your account, we may continue to communicate with you about our Services, give you important business updates that may affect you, and let you know about products and services that may interest you, unless you have opted out of receiving marketing communications. We may also continue to use some of your information for business purposes and to improve our offerings or in some cases to develop new ones. We will retain and use your information as required by applicable regulations and OnTrac’s records and information management policies to comply with our legal and reporting obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
b) Your Access Rights. If you have created an online account with us and would like to update the Personal Information you have provided to us, you can access your account to view and make changes or corrections to your Personal Information.
5. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION. Keeping your Information safe is important to us. We provide reasonable and appropriate security measures in connection with securing Personal Information we collect. For example, we:
Constantly work to update our security practices to implement accepted best methods to protect your Personal Information, and review our security procedures carefully.
Comply with applicable laws and security standards.
Securely transmit your sensitive Personal Information.
Train our staff and require them to safeguard your data.
6. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS. In accordance with and as permitted by applicable law and regulations, we reserve the right to transfer your information, process and store it outside your country of residence to wherever we or our third party service providers operate.
7. HOW TO CONTACT US. If you have questions or comments about this Privacy Statement, please contact us. We want your feedback and comments.
a) Via Email. If you have questions or complaints regarding our Privacy Statement or practices, please contact us by email at email@example.com
b) Via Direct Mail. OnTrac Technologies, LLC, 940 S 2000 W, Ste. 245, Springville, Utah 84663.
8. CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY STATEMENTS. From time to time we may change or update our Privacy Statements. We reserve the right to make changes or updates at any time. More information about how we will notify you is below. If we make material changes to the way we process your Personal Information, we will provide you notice via our Service or by other communication channels, such as by email or community post. Please review any changes carefully. If you object to any of the changes and no longer wish to use our Services, you may close your account(s). All changes are effective immediately upon posting and your use of our Service after a notice of material change or posting of an updated Privacy Statement shall constitute your consent to all changes.
9. COLLECTION AND USE OF CHILDREN’S PERSONAL INFORMATION. We do not knowingly collect information from minors. OnTrac Services are intended for and directed to adults who are eighteen (18) years or older. Our Services are not directed to minors and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from minors.
10.YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS. We do not share your Personal Information with third parties for their marketing purposes without your consent.